Thursday, April 7, 2016

Love... Relationships...

I saved this one for today, it's my tenth wedding anniversary, and it felt fitting... 12 years ago my husband and I got together, 2 years later we were married... The first time we spent together I knew he was my one... As much as there can be a one...
One thing that being married has taught me, is about the life/death/life cycle of relationships... It's not just about having times when you both make each other laugh all the time, show tenderness and intimacy, it is also about times you are so tired that neither of you can barely manage a word once the kids are in bed... I don't fight the times that we are both caught up in being humans with a lot on, because it always comes back to the touch, hours of talking and laughter... At either time I feel at peace within our relationship because I know it's ride or die, on a luxurious kid free overseas holiday or when the whole family has passed around a cold for three weeks and we would both rather be in bed on codeine...
It's very easy to hear about your friends new relationships, and it's all so on, it's all sex and dates outside of your postcode and so much time finding out all of that new information about someone... The thing about old relationships is, you have had that, and you still get moments of it, my husband still surprises me, we are still growing and changing together... Life doesn't just stop when you enter into a long relationship, you still have to hold that space to learn about who you love...
Women Who Run With The Wolves - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

No comments:

Post a Comment