Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Work with what you got...

Last Thursday night we were invited to see Hot Brown Honey and there were a lot of take aways (seriously, you have time, go see it!) but one was about body image... All beautiful, talented women of colour on stage and all different shapes and sizes... Working and owning it... It made me think about my own attitude to my body which is mostly quite healthy, I honour my body and want it to be strong so I can have good mobility and a great human experience as long as I am on earth... But I definitely have days where I look down and think ugh... I think that working with what you got is a great motto... Be good to yourself, eat food that your body will thank you for, run, jump, lift heavy things, do yoga, Pilates, go for a swim, dance! Do whatever makes you feel good! Do something though, for your present and your future!
Women Who Run With The Wolves - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

No comments:

Post a Comment