Sunday, May 8, 2016

children...

This rings true to me... While my kids are given many things from family members, and they do save up their pocket money for toys, I want to give them lessons, and experiences... I want them to know about other cultures, and learn what they can do to leave the world in better state than they found it... I want them to learn self acceptance, to be gentle on themselves, and learn to love themselves for all of their strengths while working on their weaknesses... I want them to accept others for who they are, not what they can give them, and help raise others up in life...
All of this is why I was worried about ever having children... It feels like such a big undertaking... Especially with afternoons filled with homework, swimming, guitar practice, always trying to fit in meditation and visualisations before bed... I want them to be successful at the chosen career, but mostly I want them to be happy humans who are good to others...

No comments:

Post a Comment