Sunday, May 8, 2016

sealskin, soulskin...

I swear this book has moments where it is do in tune with what is going on for me at that moment...
We have been sick on and off since Easter, this past week I have been really ill with a chest infection and laryngitis... I wouldn't normally take 3 days off work, but the dr suggested it and I ran with it, in my mind it would be 3 days while the kids were at school and Mark was at work and I could rest, selfishly just rest, no work calls, no cleaning... As luck would have it,both kids were off school this week on opposite days, so rest was minimal, obviously you have to take care of your family, and I always prioritise everyone else's needs over my own, despite being really sick...
Whenever life gets really human, I have that need... I need solitude, to read a book, do a healing or a reading, get back to my soul/spiritual self... So this was right on point to me after last week...
Women Who Run With The Wolves - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

No comments:

Post a Comment