Sunday, May 8, 2016

forgive?

A story has broken about Nicki Minaj whose brother has just been done on child rape charges... I don't believe in the death penalty, but anyone who messes with children don't deserve life... It's not curable, I just can't understand why we would want child predators on our streets... Anyway, I digress... The thing is that Nicki is supporting her brother through this... And I have really mixed feelings about it...
I understand that we are supposed to support our family and friends through everything, but where is that line?
I never really had to think about it until this past year when a friend did something that goes against everything I believe in... I have had to really search my soul as to whether I could get past it and continue our friendship... Whether I can forgive someone who I loves actions, whether I can explain it away... So far it doesn't seem that I can... I can't let go of my convictions...
How about you? Can you forgive things that go against what you believe in?
--------------
This photo warms my heart, my son contemplating life while observing this piece of art...

No comments:

Post a Comment