Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Babies

This is so funny because it's true... When you have a baby, I'm assuming this is the world over, from that first moment everyone, including you, is trying to see who the baby is more like... From looks, both of my kids are fair like dad, blonde hair, white skin, blue eyes, while I am of Maltese descent, olive and dark... I get asked if I'm the babysitter more than I would like... As they grow its in the talent, they draw well, must be artistic like dad, they are really caring about others, maybe they will work in the care industry like mum... I hate it, and as they got out of babyhood, I stopped doing it, because I feel like it is really important for them to forge their own paths... I need to know that we didn't assume and act on this idea that they will follow either of our footsteps in their future... I want to see them grow into their own ideas about how to be in the world and how to finance being...
Women Who Run With The Wolves - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

No comments:

Post a Comment