Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Family Culture

I think allllllll the time about family and the family culture that we choose to incarnate with... How these families give us strengths and challenges to evolve into our best self... Without the challenges presented by my parents, I never would have had a need to develop my strength... So I don't hate that life wasn't all roses...
I do see how it can be hard for people to have that break away moment, or that occurrence that makes them burst out of the life that their parentsplanned for them... But when it happens, it's so glorious... And thank goodness we do choose our soul family to help us in these moments...
Believing the negative aspects that our families can present to us can be so damaging... Don't get me wrong, I wasn't an angel at all as a child, but despite all of the work I do on myself, sometimes my extended family would have me believe that I am that I am that same child... This even happens in long term friendships, we have to create a space where there is room to grow and not hold each other to our pasts...
Women Who Run With The Wolves - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

No comments:

Post a Comment