Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Ugly duckling

Man, I have never fit in, I always made my own groups, in pre made groups I felt like I had to clip my wings to fit... I agree with this point that we should be kind to other groups of people, but we shouldn't have to try hard to fit in...
I remember the sheer dread of having to meet new people at kinder and then school... I know I look different, my ideas are very left, I get excited and shy and then get awkward... So I would cover up my tattoos and put on my generic cloak to not be seen, I didn't mind if I didn't fit in, but I didn't want it to affect how people treated my kids... And much to my surprise, at both kinder and school, I have been welcomed, no not everyone is my best friend, but there are smiles, so many smiles... Being different doesn't have to be isolating, and I didn't have to try so hard to blend, as it turns out, I found some amazing humans at both places and it's been great!
Women Who Run With The Wolves - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

No comments:

Post a Comment