Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Mothering a daughter

Reading the story of Vasalisa... There is a lot in this, but the first thing was this mother and daughters relationship, and the blessings bestowed from that...
My relationship with my daughter is a very spiritual one, sometimes I look at her face and have a crashing realisation that she is just a child... Sometimes, our conversations and revelations make me feel like we are sisters journeying together, and then she will say something that reminds me she is still so very young... At such a young age, she has such an interest in the human psyche, and I adore passing to her what she is eager to know... This story enhances the feeling that I don't need to be with her physically to protect her, reminding me that what we share gives her strength... The tools she learns in her meditations, visualisations and our conversations I hope will carry her in times when I'm not there... It's like this whole trove of life skills, but learning them is entwined in old ways, and feels so magical and the moments are treasured...
Women Who Run With The Wolves - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

No comments:

Post a Comment