Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Inspiration from Jerry Heller

We are on holidays at the moment... I am reading Jerry Hellers book about NWA... This passage really rang true to me, inevitably some people in your life won't like you... I'm pretty sure I left quite a few people with very ruffled feathers in my youth, even 20's, I didn't want people to like me, I didn't want to get to know any more people, and the ghost of that still walks with me... As an adult I find it less, maybe that because I'm busy being a wife and mum, thinking about work, getting involved in my community...
I must say these days, I am no different in not really caring whether people like me, I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but at anything to do with the kids I find that I keep myself in check a bit more... I don't want my kids to be judged or miss out because of who I choose to be, from my tattoos to my extreme views on equality... And you always find a gem in every group!

No comments:

Post a Comment