Tuesday, March 29, 2016

giving each other space to grow

I was talking to my aunt about this on the weekend, I feel like people (myself included) hold on to these ideas about who each other are based on things that happened years and years ago... Most of the relationships I have exceed ten years and really most of us grew up together, so it is very easy to remember their actions or attitudes from 15 years ago and use it in how you estimate them now... I do sooooo much work around this, I really believe that we all need to give each other the space to grow and change, not hold each other to things long past...
Personally I feel like people have very severe memories of me, an awful teenager, scary 20 something, and don't see the work that happened as I approached my mid 20's, and continues to happen... Half of my struggle is getting people that knew me before to recognise that I have left a lot of the anger behind, and while I am still not keen on the general public, I certainly don't act as though I hate all humans... And while I don't have as big a struggle with my close friends and family, there are still these moments where I can see them remembering something that isn't accurate today, and it sucks...
As humans who want to see humans of the world wake up, let's give each other that space, a safe space to grow...

No comments:

Post a Comment