Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Self Limiting Beliefs...

I think a lot about self limiting belief systems that are pushed on us growing up... Things like 'she can't play ball games, her glasses will break', 'she can't run a lot, she will get asthma', and how that impacted my life as a child and adult, I still won't run, and I don't even have asthma anymore...
My daughter gets motion sickness, it's manageable, I don't see it as limiting... The other day we were talking about going on a pirate ship next time we go to Hawaii and mum says, oh she can't, she gets sick on boats... And I felt that sinking feeling, I don't want her to ever be told she can't do something, her allergies dictate that enough... I want her to weigh up her own risk factors and decide what to do...
Limiting our friends and family is the worst, we need to encourage and support..

No comments:

Post a Comment