Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Our language around marriage and children

One way we can stretch ourselves as humans is to think a bit more about our words surrounding marriage, relationships and children... Two of my favourite humans in the world are not married, they are beautiful, hilarious, successful women, but the questions and comments that they are subjected to regarding their relationship status is truly horrifying... We are at a wonderful time in the human experience where life isn't just about procreating and surviving, life is about living... The joy in a wonderful human experience is the experience, it's not about who you are seeing and whether you breed, it's certainly not about changing your name... I agree that life is about love, but the idea that the only love is found within marriage is archaic...
I challenge you to think about what words you use when you encounter any woman regarding her relationship status... As this article illustrates, getting married isn't an accomplishment...
Three months ago, my then-boyfriend, Craig, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I cried with excitement. After all, it was a huge moment in my life that was exceptionally exciting, spec...
HUFFINGTONPOST.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment