Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Relationships

It's safe to say that I am obsessed with Sia's last album 1000 Forms of Fear... One of the songs, below, I relate to so much as an anthem for my adult life of relationships, before I met my husband... While I was driving home from work this afternoon, I was listening to it and remembering seeing an Instagram post by a lovely human I follow who is incredibly spiritual, but her post went something like this
'I'm putting it out there, I need a black man, who is handsome and educated, who has a decent sized penis, who meditates and does yoga and is experienced in tantric sex', I didn't know whether to laugh or cry... That's a pretty specific list, but I guess if you don't put it out there you might not get it...
It got me thinking about relationships, how much pressure we can put on them, or on each other before you even truly know if you like each other... While my husband fits into a type that even my most dysfunctional of boyfriends fit into (level headed, funny, good heart, artist), if I wrote a list, and stuck to it, I wouldn't have ended up with the person who has made me the happiest... Maybe the answer is to free up some space and see who comes into it, before cancelling out 99.9% of the population?
"Fair Game" taken from Sia's new album: "1000 Forms of Fear" as track no. 6. New album "1000 Forms of Fear" out July 8th - pre-order on iTunes for $7.99 (lim...
YOUTU.BE

No comments:

Post a Comment