Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Buddhist Meditation

Do you meditate? How do you do it, if you do?
I do, I love guided meditations, going out of my body, to wherever, finding answers, past lives, playing with energy, Angels, guides... It has always been, for me, a very active and visual thing...
My BFF practices Buddhist Meditation, and today she gave me a little workshop about it... The theory, the practical and we had a couple of turns...
Without giving it all up, the Buddhist way is very much about staying present, and silencing your mind, which is the opposite of what I am used to... So I did keep feeling my usual ways guiding me, it was very strange to use the reiki term 'thanks but no thanks' to usher away the feeling of wanting to leave the present...
I'm committing to 10 minutes a day for a month to see how I go... It's hard to believe that from staying quiet for ten minutes, my higher self will speak to me through the day, after seeking the answers in the meditation itself for so long...

No comments:

Post a Comment