Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Mothering community

This is a lot, buy this book! Seriously, so much goodness in here...
The sense of community is so dissolved at this point, I almost feel like Google has become the Goddess Mother... We need help, we Google, we want to learn more about something, we Google, it's less and less that women turn to each other and offer each other what they have learned, and it's a shame... It feels like now, if things aren't perfect, or great, you aren't going to hear about it...
What I LOVE about a group of mothers who are open minded and open hearted, is you always come away with some gold... Whether it's something you can hold on to for later in your journey, or something you know some other mum you know would gain from knowing...
I tried so hard to keep our mothers group going, not because we all had anything much in common, but the sharing and the sense of community... I had no idea that kinder and school would continue to provide me with beautiful women who I connect with on a parent level, but also other levels too... I definitely still recommend mothers group or play group, but don't be disheartened if it doesn't work out, there are other opportunities to meet like minded people, who become your community...
There is also Twitter, facebook groups, and I'm sure other people out there in different social media that you might give a go... It's funny the places you can get that support from... But try, somewhere out there there are your people! You just have to find them...

No comments:

Post a Comment