Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Equal partner

Finding a partner who is your equal has got to be difficult...
There were so many reasons that men I dated weren't my equal:
They were too absorbed in their own struggle
Drugs/alcohol took precedent for them
They had no ambition
They couldn't manage me at a time I was coming into my own power
They were too nice
Meeting my husband was a revelation, I was able to just be myself without any judgment, and I was embraced for who I was... That feeling couldn't be topped, I always felt I had to dumb myself down for men, that men say they like a powerful woman, a strong woman, but only in theory... I don't have to hold myself back with him... And the same goes in return... I have so much belief in him, in the way he works as a human, in his talent as an artist, whatever he wants to do, I have his back... Neither of us has all of the answers, but together we find them...
Women Who Run With The Wolves - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

No comments:

Post a Comment