Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Yoga

I want to talk about my relationship with yoga...
When I turned 20 I used to go to a yoga class, I loved it so much, but I was also incredibly busy partying up a storm!
After having Marley I started doing yoga at home, using yoga through my pregnancy with Mace, and as a staple of my fitness afterward... I loved it, and it always felt 'right'... I would go through phases of doing it every day for months to once or twice a week for months, it was always there, forefront or background...
In the past three weeks I have gone back to yoga class... It has been phenomenal... I forgot how much a class pushes you, and gives you an indicator of where you are at in the scheme of things... The teacher is a bit of a hardarse, but her practice stretches me, mind body and soul... Sometimes I slip away, getting such a spiritual work out, I forget how hard it works my body! Other times I'm so in the present and at one with myself, it's so damn good!
If you have ever considered yoga, maybe you should give it a go, there are 20 minute videos on iTunes, a good way to test the water if you are nervous to commit to an hour class...

No comments:

Post a Comment