Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Minding your own business

All of my life I have been caught up in other people's lives... Which extends to a point where things that aren't my business effect my thoughts... It isn't healthy...
I see a child walking around through the day with a dummy, babies eating sugar, parents not looking after their kids, kids with bad tooth decay, photos of basically naked kids on the Internet, and I think and think about the parents, parenting styles of others Etc... It plagues me... How can your child communicate with you if you keep their mouth plugged up? How can a baby enjoy natural foods when you start it on processed ones? Do you care that there are multitudes of child predators out there? The list goes on...
When I did reiki, I felt a shift in this... I started to realise that it's none of my business, the wellbeing of others isn't on me... Peoples journeys are their own... I have to trust that people do their best, whether or not it's at the same bar I set myself at... And I brought it up on day two, there was a really helpful discussion regarding the meaning of minding your own business... That we shouldn't worry ourselves with the business of others if it doesn't effect my life and isn't life or death...
It's very freeing, and something I have to remind myself less and less as time goes on, as I naturally mind my own business...

No comments:

Post a Comment