Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Containment

Still reading Women Who Run With The Wolves - Clarissa Pinkola Estes, this next story started me thinking about containment... I struggle so much with people who are uncontained, which might be ironic considering my job is to help those people... When at work, I view people who lack those skills of containment as just that, people who lack skills... And my job is to help them learn these skills, but in my personal life I find it infuriating...
I have a firm belief within myself that there is a time and a place, for everything, to stop and think, to run free, I respond well to boundaries and am happy to look forward to the moments of freedom as I am to be still and work towards goals of a more serious nature... I know we are all different, the world couldn't function if we were all the same! It is just so important to me, I struggle with the idea that it isn't for everyone... Silly, I know...
Anyway this chapter is about containing the part of our personality that self sabotages, and closes doors... This will be interesting...
(It was solely the word contain that drove me into these thoughts 😅)

No comments:

Post a Comment